Articles: Franchising Articles
"Am I Suitable to be a Franchisor" - by Miles Agmen-Smith
© Copyright ASCO Legal 2012
Not only should your business be franchisable but you should be the right person to run a franchise operation. The types of skills which are required will depend on the nature of the franchise business and its structure. Skills that you will need as a franchisor include:
- Good management skills – being able to run your operation in a smooth and efficient manner while dealing with the operational matters which require your attention
- A willingness to commit substantial amounts of time and funding to ensure the initial and ongoing success of the franchise system
- Good communication skills – the ability to communicate with people of all types in a clear and efficient manner is essential
- An ability to motivate others – being able to instil in others the same passion you have for your business system and to promote and market
- Being a provider of good training – an ability to train or provide others to train franchisees and their staff how to use and operate your business system
- Being able to make an ongoing commitment once the system is established to provide long term support for the system and its people, to monitor performance of the system, create marketing initiatives, provide further training and to assist franchisees to achieve success
- Having a good understanding of your business, and an ability to develop a good understanding of franchising
If you are considering franchising your business talk to us at ASCO Legal. We are highly experienced franchising advisers.
We have prepared this guide to and for our clients. It is not a substitute for detailed advice as every individual situation differs, and also government policies, laws and general conditions constantly change. We are happy to assist anyone who wishes to obtain more detailed advice or information on these or other matters.
This publication may not, in whole or in part, be lent, copied, photocopied, reproduced, translated or reduced to any electronic medium or such other form without the express permission of ASCO Legal except complete copies may be made if fully attributed.